Vegan pumpkin pie recipe-Dairy, soy free.
Vegan pumpkin pie is easy to make. It is gluten free, dairy free, eggless and soy free. This pie is so pleasant but also suitable for those with a sweet tooth like me.
I had never eaten pumpkin pie in my life until a year ago. It was so delicious, and I thought one day I would be able to make one for my family. Most of the recipes I came across had dairy and much fat in them.
Since I am vegan, it was a bit difficult to come up with a recipe that did not have dairy, is gluten-free and has less fat. After trying different recipes, I came up with this delicious vegan pumpkin pie recipe.
This delicious Vegan pumpkin pie is flavorful and perfect dessert to indulge in during Thanksgiving, and or any other get together holiday time of the year. You should not only have it during the holidays, but any time you feel like your sweet tooth is craving for something heavenly.
This vegan pumpkin pie is not only for vegans; everybody is welcome to try it. It doesn’t taste vegan though the ingredients are plant-based. It is still as tasty as the dairy pumpkin pie, and I believe you will enjoy it.
Pumpkin and cashew benefits
My vegan pumpkin recipe is made using pumpkins which are highly nutritious. Pumpkins have high amounts of vitamin A, antioxidants, and minerals which will boost your health. Incorporate them in your diet often.
For the topping, I used cashew cream but you can use any vegan topping you like. I like cashews, they are delicious and have less fat compared to other nuts. They are a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals such as copper and zinc.
This vegan pumpkin pie is homemade hence it has fewer calories compared to the ones you can buy. I have used low-fat cashew milk, canned pumpkins and not so much sugar.
Try it and please share your thoughts below.
How to make the delicious vegan pumpkin pie
- 1 can of pumpkin pie do not buy pumpkin pie filling
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- One tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- One graham pie crust
- Cashew whipped cream for the topping
- For the cashew cream topping
- ¼ cup soaked cashews
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Two tsp honey
- ½ cup cold water
- Preheat the oven at 350 F
- Add the pumpkin mix, vanilla, and cashew milk. Blend with a hand mixer, or you can use a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture in the pie crust and smoothen to flatten well using a spoon or spatula. You do not have to cook the crust for this recipe.
- Bake for one hour, until it has browned at the top. Get it out of the oven when done and let it cool for 30-40 minutes. After that place, it in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight to cool more and firm.
- Top the vegan pie with cashew cream.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For the cashew topping
- Add the soaked cashews in a blender. Pour in small amounts of water at a time to get the right consistency you want, not too thick or too runny. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in the vanilla extract, add the honey and puree to mix.
- Decorate your pie however way you like.