Vegan Pancakes are an excellent breakfast alternative for vegetarians and vegans. It is egg and butter-free yet easy and healthy. I have tried making vegan pancakes in the past with very little success, but now I can make them easily.
In the past, the pancakes would burn or cook on the outside but remain uncooked on the inside. However, now they cook well, and my family enjoys them. I hope you will find them delicious too.
These vegan pancakes are hearty and are excellent to eat occasionally with your breakfast. I do not recommend eating them daily as they can add extra pounds to your waistline unless you leave out the sugar during their preparation.
I did not use any vegan butter, flax meal, and baking soda in this recipe but they still turned out great. However, feel free to substitute or put any other add ons if you like.
These pancakes taste amazing; they are soft, fluffy, and satisfying. They are great for the family breakfast. You can have them with a delicious smoothie, hot coffee or tea.
What to substitute for eggs, flax meal butter, and dairy milk
Probably you are wondering if you can make fluffy vegan pancakes without eggs and dairy. Yes, you can, it is very possible. I was skeptical at the beginning but with time I have learned to make them without eggs. You do not really need eggs to make your pancakes.
You need baking powder, some vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil) and plant-based milk. When you use the right measurements, the ingredients will bind and combine well.
Read more: Chocolate chip muffins vegan recipe
What to use instead of brown sugar to make vegan pancakes
You can still make delicious vegan pancakes without adding refined sugars. Sugar substitutes including honey, maple syrup, stevia, apple sauce, blackstrap molasses, or coconut sugar can be an excellent alternative.
If you try these vegan pancakes, I will appreciate it if you could rate it, or please leave your comment in the placement grid below the recipe.Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp grapeseed oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp corn starch
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (for the topping.)
- Fruits (optional)
- A mixing bowl
- Place the oil and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the milk and mix too.
- In another separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients and add the mixed wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth, add vanilla extract and blend well.
- Lightly grease your pan with oil and pour ¼ cup pancake mixture onto the pan. Let it cook on medium low heat and cook for about 2- 3 minutes. Flip on the uncooked side when bubbles start appearing, do not let them burn.
- Cook until all the pancakes are done.Top with any fruit toppings of your choice and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve warm or freeze for later.