Simple Vegan Corn Muffins
Simple but healthy vegan corn muffins that are great for breakfast or snacking.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 cup yellow corn flour
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup coconut oil or any vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup cashew ((coconut milk or almond milk))
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp flax seed ground
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease your muffin cups with vegetable oil or butter.
- In a large bowl combine corn flour, coconut sugar, all-purpose flour, and baking powder then mix.
- In another medium bowl, add the ground flax seed, cashew milk, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet components to the dry ingredients. Whisk until together until it becomes smooth but don’t make it runny.
- Scoop at least 2-ounces of the muffin mix into the greased muffin tins, filling each at ⅔ full.
- Bake the muffins mixture for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are well cooked. Check if ready by sticking in a toothpick, if it comes out clean, then the muffins are done.
- Serve as desired. Enjoy
- These muffins can stay fresh if stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days or one week in the refrigerator.
You can substitute coconut sugar with brown sugar or any other sweetener.