Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables. It is the only vegetable my kids want to eat every day. To make it less monotonous and boring, I try to come up with different recipes that have broccoli as one of the ingredients. I made this soup, and they loved it.
Brocolli is an excellent source of vitamin C, K folic acid, potassium, and fiber. It is great for building bones and skin collagen. This vegetable has high contents of antioxidants which helps to neutralize the effects of free radicals.
Its high fiber and antioxidant levels can aid in controlling blood sugar levels as well as reducing weight. It can as well enhance digestion and reduce constipation.
This Vegan broccoli soup is healthy, creamy, and delicious. It is also effortless and easy to make.
Though this soup is vegan, it is thick, cheese-like, and satisfying. The cashews and nutritional yeast make this soup more flavorful.
To make this vegan broccoli soup, bring a pot of water or vegetable broth to a boil, add salt and broccoli florets. Bring the heat to be medium and steam the vegetables for about 5-8 minutes or until tender. Remove any excess liquid left and set aside to cool.
In a blender add the soaked cashews, the steamed broccoli, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and turmeric. Puree the mixture at high speed until it is smooth and creamy.
Transfer the pureed mixture to the saucepan and cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes occasionally stirring to combine and thicken the ingredients.
Serve warm with bread or crackers.
You may also like: Creamy sweet potato Carrot SoupPrint
Creamy vegan Brocolli Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup clean broccoli chopped into chunks
- ½ cup cashew soaked overnight
- A ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring about ¼ water to a boil.
- Add salt and the chopped broccoli and cover with a lid. Lower down the heat to medium and let the vegetables steam for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat, and drain the water and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables into a blender and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on the ingredients on high speed until smooth and Creamy. Transfer into the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes occasionally stirring to thicken and combine the ingredients.
- Serve warm and enjoy.