This three bean salad recipe is versatile; it is easy to make and doesn’t require any cooking unless you want to cook the beans from scratch at home. You can get pre-cooked beans from the store at a reasonable price. Just drain the juice from the beans, rinse and mix.
If you are using green beans, cut and steam or cook in boiling water for about 5 minutes or until soft but do not overcook them. Drain the hot water, then add very cold water to the beans to cool them and prevent further cooking then drain the water.
Combine the beans in a large bowl, add the onions and mix well. Pour in the dressing, mix, and chill before serving.
Why should you make these three bean salad recipe?
Beans are an excellent substitute for meat and are an excellent source of protein. They are a good source of dietary fiber and vitamins.
Beans are healthy: they are fat-free. Eating them will not add any fat to your body. They can help reduce weight, reduce bad cholesterol but increase good HDL cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels, and lower the risk of developing cancer.
This three-bean salad is very filling and is perfect for summer. You can pack it for your lunch at work or picnics.
Can you use any other beans to make this three Bean salad recipe?
Yes, you can use any other combination of beans such as white, cannellini, or black beans and chickpea to tweak this three-bean salad recipe to your liking. Be flexible to try what is appealing and healthy for you.
Read more: Simple chickpea corn saladPrint
Three Bean Salad Recipe
Three bean salad is simple and easy to make. It doesn’t involve any cooking and lots of ingredients to make. You will need pre-cooked beans and few spices for making the dressing. Combine all the ingredients, chill for a few minutes and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Can/cup Pre-cooked red kidney beans ((Drained and rinsed))
- 1 Can/ cup Pre-cooked garbanzo beans /chickpeas ((drained and rinsed))
- 1 Cup Pre-cooked black beans or Steamed Green beans
- 1 Large red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or cilantro
For the dressing
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon /lime juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Pure maple syrup/honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic glove ((minced))
- 1/4 cup olive oil or TMC coconut oil
- In a large bowl, place the three cooked beans, and onion then combine well.
- In a blender, add the garlic, lemon /lime or apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, oil, and salt. Whisk or mix until well combined.
- Drizzle the salad dressing onto the bean mixture and toss well to combine.Garnish with chopped fresh basil or cilantro.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Serve in a clean salad bowl and enjoy it.