Simple mushroom soup recipe is easy to make and it is delicious.
This simple mushroom soup recipe provides the body with the right balance of nutrients.
Benefits of mushroom soup.
This simple mushroom soup recipe is full of antioxidants that help the body to fight free radicals. They can protect against aging thus help boost your immunity.
This mushroom soup can also make you slim or lose weight faster. Mushrooms are high in fiber and low in calories.
There is no butter, creams or milk added to it and so it is suitable for anyone.
Mushrooms are satiating hence can satisfy and keep full for longer. Just a little is enough to calm your hunger pangs and prevent unnecessary snaking.
Mushrooms contain a fiber called Beta-glucan than helps lower the cholesterol levels in the body. This compound also helps the body regulate blood sugar and reduce the risk of acquiring diabetes.
Mushrooms are also rich in minerals such as copper and potassium. Copper helps the body to develop strong bones and form red blood cells. Potassium on the other hand help boost your heart health
Diabetes can eat mushrooms without the fear of increasing their insulin levels. Just make sure you do not add too much fat and cream when preparing them.
What mushroom to use?
I make this simple mushroom soup often because it is delicious and very easy to make.
You can use any type of mushrooms and still make this delicious heartwarming soup. You can buy cut or whole mushrooms to make your soup.
Do not buy canned mushrooms, they tend to have more sodium and nitrates added to them. Too much sodium or nitrates are detrimental to your health.
I like buying whole ones and cutting them into the sizes and shapes I like before cooking them.
You can Make this simple mushroom soup in whichever way you like and still enjoy its benefits. Therefore feel free to alter the ingredients the way you like.Print
Simple mushroom soup
This mushroom soup is simple yet it’s healthy and nutritious. You can add other ingredients such as cream or milk if you want to make it creamier. Tweak it to your liking and enjoy it.
- 1 ½ cup cleaned and sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsps coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes or ½ cup tomato puree
- ½ tsp coriander ground
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Half red bell pepper chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 1 chopped zucchini
- ½ tsp salt or as needed.
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth.
- Clean your mushrooms remove any dirt and chop or slice them into medium pieces.
- Put olive oil in a cooking pot and let it heat up, then add the chopped onions. Let them cook until they are golden brown.
- Add the garlic, and the mushroom then let sauté for about 5 minutes uncovered to remove the excess moisture from the mushrooms.
- When the moisture has evaporated, add the bell peppers and the chopped zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, stir, and suite for another 3 minutes.
- After that, add the mustard, coriander powder, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Add water or vegetable broth and cook uncovered n medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, and serve warm.