Sesame Flax seed bar is lovely for snaking. They are healthy, tasty and smell remarkable. They are great for sustaining as well as stimulating your body especially during those tedious working hours when you need some added calories to keep you going.
Sesame flaxseed power bars are light, chewy and full of fiber. They have high contents of omega three fatty acids and proteins which are exceptional for energizing the body. You require a small amount to fill you.
I like sesame flax seed bars that are not too oily but are crunchy and sweet. The ones sold are usually too oily compared to these ones. They are less oily and so yummy compared to the ones at the store. These bars are also a little softer.
How to make Sesame flax seed Energy bars
This recipe is straight forward to make. You will require; half a cup of raw sesame seeds, quarter cup flaxseeds, half a cup of honey and one teaspoon of brown sugar.
Toss the seeds in a frying pan on low heat for around 15 minutes. Let them cool down and a blend of honey and brown sugar to them.
Mix well and transfer to a clean parchment paper and roll them with a rolling pin.
Roll the seeds to about 1/4 inch then allow them to cool in a cool, dry place or refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
Cut into preferred bars sizes and serve.
Why you need sesame Flax seed bar.
These bars are great for boosting energy. Sesame and Flax seeds are full of proteins and healthy fats which are the main source of energy for the body.
They are also full of fiber which aids in metabolism and preventing constipation. When chewed properly, they help create bulk in your stool and their movement down your digestive tract.
These bars can as well help to control and manage weight. They are very satiating; only a small amount is enough to make you full. They can as well suppress the urge to overeat.
You can buy both sesame and flax at your local store or online.
Sesame flaxseed energy bar recipe.
- 1/2 cup raw Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place sesame seeds and flax seeds on a frying pan or skillet and toss on low to medium heat for 10 mins or until they turn golden brown. You can as well spread out the seeds on a baking tray and bake them in the oven at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Please do not let them burn because they will be bitter.
- In a pan, add honey as well as brown sugar and heat on reduced heat mixing up until they combine appropriately and start to form some bubble. Heat for about 5-8 mins.
- Add the honey sugar blend to the toasted seeds. Mix well and transfer the mix to a lightly oiled parchment pepper. Cover with an additional lightly greased parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin to flatten it. Lubricating the parchment paper prevents the seeds from sticking on the paper and rolling pin. Roll thinly to about 1/4 inch or any size you like.
- Place them in a very cool, dry place or refrigerator for 20-30 mins to set.
- Cut into desired sizes and serve.
- You can keep the sesame flaxseed bars in a clean container separating each bar with clean paper towels and refrigerate. They can stay for a week.
Try this Sesame and flaxseed bar recipe and please share your thoughts about it in the comments below.
You may also like;