Red lentil soup is an excellent source of plant carbohydrates as well as healthy proteins.
Red lentils are low in calories yet are very nourishing. This soup is straightforward to cook; it takes less than 45 minutes to prepare it and, you have your delicious soup.
How to make Red Lentil Soup
Heat your oil in a medium cooking pot over medium-high heat, sauté onions as well as garlic after that include diced carrots as well as celery.
Simmer for few minutes and add your lentils. Pour water, stir and cover the pot with a cover.
Cook on low heat for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Add tomato paste or puree, turmeric, black pepper, mustard, and salt.
Cook for an additional five minutes, periodically stirring to prevent it from burning or sticking at the bottom of the pot.
I like lentil soup; it is outstanding specifically during those cool days when you want something warm and refreshing.
With a few components, you can make more and refrigerate for later or provide your unplanned visitors.
This soup is filling; therefore you don’t need to eat a lot to feel satiated.
Its satiating ability is the reason it is excellent for weight management. You can eat it at the beginning of the main meal, to stop you from overeating.
Red lentil soup is basic and also low-cost to make. For only a few bucks you can make this soup and also get its vital health and wellness advantages.
What are the health benefits of Red Lentil soup
Red lentil soup is very nourishing as well as healthy and balanced. It has high contents of carbs and proteins which are superb for people on a plant-based diet.
This soup has less fat and calories yet has high amounts of fiber which is the reason it is essential for weight-loss. One mug of cooked lentil soup has only 230 calories.
The high contents of fiber in red lentils can help lower cholesterol level in the blood and also reduces the possibility of developing a heart attack.
This soup can also prevent irregular bowel movements.
Lentils are high in intricate carbohydrates which can energize and enhance your health.Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- One large onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- ¼ Cup tomato puree or 2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- Two medium carrots chopped
- 1 Cup red Lentil
- 2 Cups water
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- In a medium pot heat two tablespoons of coconut oil on medium heat. Add onions and the garlic and let sauté for about 5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Add the carrots and celery. Let these vegetables cook for about 3 minutes then add the red lentils.
- Pour in the water, stir and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. By now most the liquid will have reduced.
- Add tomato paste or puree, turmeric, mustard, and salt.Add some water or stock if it is too thick.
- Cook for another five minutes occasionally stirring to prevent the soup from burning or sticking at the bottom o the pot.
- Turn off the heat and serve warm.
- Recipe in pictures
- On medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Add carrots and celery cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red lentils, pour in water, cover with a lid and cook for 20-15 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato puree or paste, salt, turmeric, and mustard. Add cook for another five minutes.
You may also like,