I am obsessed with quinoa lately, it one of those superfoods full of antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber that are excellent for boosting the immune system. Quinoa salad is so satisfying hence it is excellent at suppressing and controlling hunger pangs.
Quinoa salad simple recipe is refreshing and delicious. It is packed with essential nutrients that are great for health. This salad is one of my all-time favorites. It is so filling, and you can have it at any time either as a main dish or as a side dish.
Why I like quinoa salad.
Eating quinoa frequently can prevent the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases such as high blood pressure and heart disease. It’s high fiber content also makes it excellent for lowering harmful cholesterol levels and blood glucose.
Quinoa salad has high contents of protein, in fact, it is one of those plant-based foods that have all the nine essential amino acids needed by the body. Protein is vital for regenerating and repairing worn out tissues. They are also a good source of long-lasting energy necessary for fueling your body during those pick me up moments.
This quinoa salad is gluten, nut, and dairy-free which makes it excellent for those who are dairy and gluten intolerant. Anyone can enjoy this salad.
How to make Quinoa salad simple recipe.
To make quinoa salad simple recipe, wash one cup of quinoa in clean water and rinse. In a large saucepan add two cups of water and one tablespoon of olive oil.
Add the rinsed quinoa and bring the water to boil on medium-high heat. Once it has boiled, lower the heat to low and let it simmer while covered with a lid. It will take about 10-15 minutes, and when ready set aside to cool.
In a separate bowl add one cup black bean, one cup steamed corn, one chopped red onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Combine well then set aside.
Add quinoa to the bowl with the combined black bean, corn, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Toss until well mixed, add chopped avocado and blend well.
For the salad dressing, mix half a cup of lemon juice and a teaspoon of salt. Drizzle this dressing on the salad and chill for 10 minutes before serving.
You can keep the leftover salad in the refrigerator. It can remain fresh for at least three days when refrigerated.
This recipe can serve 4-6 people, but you can adjust it accordingly. Remember for every cup of quinoa add two cups of water to cook it.
You may also like;Print
Quinoa salad simple recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa
- ⅔ cooked corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- ⅔ half diced tomatoes
- 1 Chopped red onion
- Two medium chopped avocados
- 1 cup chopped cilantro divide
- ½ cup lemon juice
- For the quinoa. Place the washed quinoa to two cups of water in a large saucepan. Add olive oil and bring to boil on medium high heat then reduce the heat to low. The cooking should take 10- 15 minutes. Cook until ready and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked black beans, corn, the chopped red onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Mix until well and add the cooled cooked quinoa and the diced avocados. Toss to combine well. Do not overmix, doing so will break the avocados and make them watery.
- Add lemon juice and salt then combine. Chill for about 10 minutes to set.
- Serve as desired.
- You can keep the remaining salad in the refrigerator. The mixture can stay fresh for at least three days if refrigerated.