Want some sugar rush for energy? Try these no-bake Oatmeal energy balls. They are easy to make and snack on for a quick energy boost.
These energy balls are excellent especially when you love oatmeal like me.These oatmeal balls are;
These no-bake oatmeal energy balls are refined sugar free.They contain high contents of protein, healthy fats, and fiber, which are excellent for breakfast or snacking throughout the day.
It’s summer, and my kids are home, oh my, I feel like they eat all day. They don’t get tired of asking for something to snack on. So I try to stuff my pantry and refrigerator with healthy snacks, and these are among their favorite picks.
What do you need to make these no -bake oatmeal energy balls?
These no-bake energy balls require only five ingredients to make. You will need : gluten-free oats, pitted dates, almond butter, coconut oil, and cocoa powder.
However, you are free to adjust the recipe to your liking by adding other ingredients such as dried fruits and nuts.
These healthy whole grains are an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Oats are abundant in proteins as well as essential amino acids. They aid in regulating blood sugar levels, and cholesterol. This makes them great for weight loss, preventing heart disease and diabetes.
These are my favorite natural sweeteners. They are chewy, sweet, nutritious, and rich in energy due to their high sugar content. They also contain antioxidants, fiber, and minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, and iron. These nutrients make dates very beneficial to children, adolescents, athletes, pregnant, and lactating mothers.
I use homemade almond butter, and my family likes it a lot. We spread it on toast and use it in making our breakfast smoothies and soups. Almonds are an excellent source of proteins and amino acids which are easily absorbed by the body. Moreover, almonds are also a great source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins B1,B6, and E.
I prefer extra virgin cold-pressed coconut oil. It is healthy and has an authentic flavor of coconut. This oil is a healthy saturated fat which can help raise your healthy cholesterol levels in your body. It helps to lower the risk of heart disease and can also increase satiety.
Unsweetened Cocoa powder
Natural unsweetened Cocoa powder is very nutritious and very low in calories. Cocoa is a good source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants. Antioxidants help to fight free radicals in the body. Cocoa also helps to lower cholesterol, risk of diabetes, and heart disease.
No-bake oatmeal energy balls are great for snaking after your exercises or at midday for an energy boost. They can also help reduce hunger pangs and prevent overeating during your regular mealtime.
How to store no-bake oatmeal energy balls
Store these oatmeal energy balls in an airtight container. Keep them in a cool, dry place preferably refrigerated for at least two weeks. Please do not keep them at room temperature because they will soften up and lose their shape.
You may also like: Healthy Raw Almond butter Recipe
Simple No-bake Oatmeal energy balls Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 6 medium dates pitted and soaked
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted optional
- ½ cup almond butter
- In a medium bowl soak the pitted dates for 5 minutes to soften. Drain water and place the soaked dates in a food processor or high-speed blender then puree until smooth.
- In another large bowl add almond butter and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave, add the blended dates and stir with a spatula to combine well.
- Add old fashioned oats and combine well. Add cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Mix well with a spatula. Make sure the mixture is not too sticky if sticky add more oats. If the dough is too dry, add more almond butter. It should be sticky but slightly crumbly.
- Cover the mixture with a clean plastic wrap and place in a cool, dry place or refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Press the mixture and roll into medium balls. You will make 6-8 balls from the combination. Enjoy immediately or store in a clean container with a lid in the refrigerator.