Healthy vegeterian homemade mushroom soup.
Mushroom soup is very delicious. I ate some at a friend’s house and decided to give it a try.
Mushrooms contain complete proteins and are low in calories. The protein makes them highly nutritious and good for boosting energy levels.
They require very little time to cook hence are easy to make.
Mushrooms are good for people who have diabetes because of their anti-diabetic property.
They have low amounts of carbohydrates and are rich in vitamins B1, B2 and niacin but have minimal amounts of vitamin c.
Mushrooms are low in calories and have a satiating effect hence they keep you full for longer.
Almond milk gives this mushroom soup its creamy and delicious taste.
How to make it.
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
One medium onion chopped.
Two cloves of minced garlic (optional)
1/2 chopped sweet red pepper
1/2 chopped sweet green pepper
One tablespoon coconut or olive oil.
1 ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk or any milk of your choice.
1. Clean and slice mushrooms into desired sizes.
2. Steam or cook your onions but do not brown them.
3. Spray cooking oil in a cooking pan or pot and add the sliced mushrooms.
4. Let sauté for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
5. Stir regularly, so thas to prevent mushrooms from burning or sticking to the pan.
7. Turn off the heat and taste if the mushrooms are ready.
8. In a different pot pour in the unsweetened almond milk and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
9. Add the cooked onions and the minced garlic and stir for 1 or 2 minutes.
10. Add the sautéed mushrooms and stir.
11. Let cook for 5 minutes.
12. Add the chopped sweet peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
13. Add salt to taste.
14. Turn off the heat and serve warm.
These will make two servings.