Lighten dark underarms naturally at home using the most inexpensive yet effective ways to brighten your skin. Natural solutions are safe and have got no side effects if used properly. In addition to this, you get to use ingredients you are familiar with.
Dark underarms can be embarrassing and may stop you from wearing certain clothes. Do not let your underarm stop you from wearing your favorite outfits since there are many useful remedies that can brighten your skin.
Causes of dark underarms include; the accumulation of dead skin cell, Hair removal creams, shaving, poor hygiene, excessive sweating and lack of exposure of the underarm skin area to air. These factors can easily contribute to the discoloration or a change in the skin tone.
There are different ways to lighten dark underarms at home using natural remedies. These remedies are inexpensive and do not have chemicals.
I have tried various solutions and found these three remedies to work best without causing any irritations to my sensitive skin. I have seen results after at least one week of using them, and with continued use, my skin looks great.
These remedies should help brighten your skin but if the discoloration persists, please consult a dermatologist. You may be suffering from a medical condition that may need treatment.
Here are the three remedies that can help lighten your dark underarms.
Tomato juice, honey, and raw potato juice to lighten dark underarms
Tomato and potato do contain bleaching properties that can help to lighten your skin tone. They can as well reduce sweating which causes the discoloration.
Honey contains antibacterial properties; thus it is excellent for killing germs and soothing the skin. It also helps to clarify and open up skin pores so that it can breathe easily. Furthermore, open pore reduces the accumulation of dirt underneath the skin surface.
1 Tbsp. fresh tomato juice
2 tsp pure honey
1 Tbsp. fresh potato juice
1. Mix fresh tomato juice and potato juice in a medium bowl then combine well. Add the honey and mix until the mixture is well combined.
2. Apply this mixture in your dark underarms and massage for about 3-5 minutes. Let it sit on your armpit for about 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water followed by cold water.
Equally important is to leave the mixture overnight if you can and wash it off the next morning. Although this works great, bear in mind that the paste may stain your bedding at night.
Use Turmeric, tomato or lemon juice, and honey to lighten dark underarms.
Turmeric is a powerful spice with profound medicinal properties. It helps to lighten the skin and reduce inflammation. Equally important, it aids in the removal of dead skin cells and softens the skin.
Lemon juice is useful as a natural bleaching agent that helps lighten the skin. In addition to this, it is antibacterial hence can prevent bacteria build up.
Please do not put lemon juice on open wounds, it will indeed cause irritations.
1 Tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp lemon or tomato juice
1 Tbsp. Honey.
1. Combine turmeric powder with lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well. Next, add the honey and blend well to make a thick paste.
2. Apply this paste on the dark underarm and massage gently. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes then rinse it off with warm water.
3. Pat dry your skin and finally apply a natural deodorant.
Note: Turmeric tends to discolor and stain surfaces easily; therefore please wear an old t-shirt when applying it.
Read more: Bentonite clay mask for acne and blackheads
Hydrogen peroxide, lemon juice, and baking soda rub to lighten dark armpits
Hydrogen peroxide and lemon are natural bleaching agents. They can help lighten the skin tone. Moreover, both have got antimicrobial and antifungal properties which make them great for cleaning and healing the skin.
Baking soda has a coarse texture even though it appears to be fine. This quality makes it excellent for the removal of dirt and discoloration from the skin surface. Besides, it is useful for lightening the skin as well as removing bad odor from the armpit.
1 tsp Hydrogen Peroxide
2 Tbsp. baking soda
1 tsp lemon juice
How to make and use
1. Combine all the above ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to make a thick paste.
2. Apply the paste on your underarm. Thereafter rub it gently and let it stay for 5-10 minutes. Finally, wash the paste off using cold water.
Read more: Homemade anti-cellulite oil massage
Underarm Hygiene tips
In conjunction with using these remedies to lighten your underarms, please do the following to prevent them from darkening.
1. Take shower daily or twice daily. Equally important is to make sure you clean your armpits too. By the way, cleaning helps to remove dirt and odor as well as unclogs the skin pores.
2. Apply a good natural deodorant that is chemical free. Please make sure to dry your underarm before applying it or dressing up.
3. Avoid wearing very tight fitting clothes that can prevent your armpits from being aerated. On the contrary, wear loose-fitting garments instead because they let your skin breathe freely.
4. Wax or shave your armpit to remove any thick overgrown hair.
Note: You can use these remedies to lighten dark spots on any other part of your body. For instance, you can use them to get rid of dark knees, not to mention the inner thigh.
Do not apply any of these skin lighteners on open skin or freshly shaved armpit; they might cause irritation. In any case that happens, immediately rinse off the paste.
Use any of the remedies twice a day for least three times a week for best results.
Please let me know how any of these remedies worked for you.