This homemade body butter is what your skin needs. It is made from a combination of cocoa butter, shear butter, coconut oil or grapeseed oil, vitamin E oil, and essential oils. These ingredients are natural and free of toxic chemicals.
This body butter is excellent for nourishing and moisturizing your body. It helps to prevent the drying and flaking of skin. Additionally, it aids in healing wounds, minimizes, and improves the appearance of scars. It will make your skin smooth, soft, and healthy.
How do you make homemade body butter?
This body butter is made by mixing and whipping the ingredients to a creamy, soft, and smooth lotion that will nourish the body. You do not have to heat the ingredients on direct heat since that may destroy the essential nutrients in the ingredients.
In a large double boiler, heat some water to a simmer. Add the cocoa butter, shea butter, and coconut oil if using to the upper pot. The steam from the lower pot will heat and gradually melt the butter.
Once they have melted, stir continuously to combine the mixture. Let the components cool for a few minutes until the mixture starts to solidify. Whip the butter with a hand mixer for about 10 minutes or until fluffy.
Add arrowroot powder and whip for another 3-5 minutes. Finally, add the essential oils and grape seed oil if using. Mix gently until the butter is well combined.
Transfer the butter into a clean glass jar, seal tightly, and store it in a safe place at room temperature.
Apply on clean skin each time you use it.
How do you make this homemade body butter non-greasy?
Though this body butter has cocoa butter and coconut oil, which are slightly heavy and thick, the arrowroot powder helps to make it less greasy.
Arrowroot powder may sometimes cause excessive drying on dry skin hence use half the recommended amount if you have dry skin. Too much arrowroot powder may also harden your butter. Do not add too much.
How do you make this homemade body butter creamy?
Whipping the mixture of ingredients on high speed will produce a creamy soft butter. Don’t overdo it though, it will be too runny. Add the essential oils and or grapeseed oil as your last ingredients.
How long does this body butter last?
This body butter can stay for about 6 months if stored at room temperature. I haven’t kept mine for longer than that, but I think it can as well stay longer. Feel free to experiment and find if it can last longer.
Homemade body butter recipe
¼ Cup coconut oil solid/ grape seed oil
½ cup shea butter
¼ cup of cocoa butter
4 capsules or 2 tsp pure vitamin E oil
1 tsp arrowroot flour
15 drops vanilla essential oil
20 drops frankincense essential oil
2 Large bowls
Handheld mixer /whisk
1. Place Shea butter, cocoa butter, and coconut oil in a medium bowl and set aside. In another large boiler, boil water in (double boiler). Turn the heat to medium-low and place the medium bowl on top of the pot. Stir the ingredients with a wooden stick. The steam from the hot water will melt the butter. Stir constantly until the ingredients combine well.
2. Remove from heat and let cool a little as you stir. Once the mixture has cooled and starts to solidify whip the contents for about 10 minutes or until it is fluffy.
3. Add arrowroot powder and whip for another 5 minutes. Pour in grape seed oil if using and the essential oils. Mix gently until the body butter is well combined.
4. Transfer the butter in a clean glass jar, seal and store at room temperature away from the reach of children.
5. Apply on clean skin each time you use it. Enjoy!