Vegan Chickpea curry is one of my delicacies. I ate it one time at some Indian restaurant and loved it. Since then, it has become one of my favorite dishes, and I am glad my family enjoys it. We like eating it with brown basmati rice or white quinoa.
This vegan chickpea curry is easy and faster to make. It takes about 30 minutes to prepare; it’s creamy, gluten-free, and yummy. The coconut cream and almond butter add flavor and make it very delicious. It is excellent for an entire family, whether you are vegan, transitioning, or not.
You can use a can of pre-cooked or home-cooked chickpea. If using canned chickpeas, make sure you drain the juice and rinse the beans. Boil or cook the canned chickpeas for a few minutes to soften them before making the curry.
This vegan chickpea curry recipe is great for lunch or dinner. It goes well with rice, quinoa, or mashed potatoes. You can add some vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower to make it more nutritious.
Can you freeze this chickpea curry?
Yes, you can. Allow the curry to cool before transferring it into an airtight freezable container and freeze. Whenever you are ready to serve it, warm it in the microwave and enjoy.
Read more: Healthy Vegan Chickpea Stew.Print
Healthy Vegan Chickpea Curry Recipe
Creamy and delicious Chickpea Curry Recipe which requires only 30 minutes to prepare.It is excellent for vegans,those transitioning or not.This is a great protein dish to that will satify your taste buds and nourish your body.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course, Soup
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 cup/can pre-cooked chickpea
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed/vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion ((chopped))
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 clove garlic ((minced))
- 1 large carrot ((chopped))
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup hot water
- cilantro ((chopped) for garnishing)
- 1. Heat grapeseed oil in a medium saucepan; add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the spices.
- 2. Mix the almond butter and hot water to make a pourable paste and add this into the saucepan.
- 3. Add the tomato paste and coconut cream. Stir to combine well
- 4. Add the chickpeas and the chopped carrots. Saute for about 2-3 min occasionally stirring to allow the chickpea to absorb the flavor.
- 5. Serve in a clean bowl. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs or parsley.