This hearty vegan corn chowder recipe is delicious, creamy, and comforting. It has tender corn kernel and potatoes as the main ingredients. It is thick and full of flavor even without adding any heavy cream and cheese. Though you can still add these if you want to make the soup creamier.
You can have this soup at any time of the day. It is So nourishing, refreshing, and heartwarming- why not have it whenever you can? This Corn chowder will satisfy your appetite and hydrate you without adding unnecessary calories to your body.
What is a vegan corn chowder recipe?
According to the Wikipedia dictionary, chowder is a thick, creamy, and chunky soup made with milk or heavy cream. Corn chowder uses corn kernels and a variety of vegetables, potatoes, meat, and or fish.
On the contrary, this vegan corn chowder recipe is made without any meat or dairy products. This recipe requires corn kernel, potatoes, and non-dairy milk (optional) instead of heavy cream to make. It is simple, heart-healthy, and delicious.
How can you make this vegan corn chowder recipe creamy?
To make this corn chowder creamy, you need potatoes and non-dairy milk. Add the milk to the final mixture and cook on low heat for a few minutes, stirring often to make a creamy and flavourful chowder.
You can still make the soup creamy without adding milk. Simply blend Half the chowder, return to the pot, and add a little water. Stir and let cook for a few minutes and serve warm.
What can you serve with this vegan chowder?
You can serve this corn chowder with bread, crackers, grilled vegetables, or anything on the side.
Can you freeze this soup?
You can easily freeze this corn chowder. Make sure it cools first, then transfer it to a clean storage container with a lid Before freezing it.
Whenever you intend to use it, make sure to thaw it by immersing the container with its content in warm water to loosen up before warming it in a cooking pot.
Frozen corn chowder will thicken up, therefore add a little water, vegetable broth, or milk to loosen it.
Read more: Healthy mixed vegetable soupPrint
Easy Vegan Corn Chowder recipe
This Vegan Corn Chowder is simple to make. It is creamy, delicious and heart-healthy. You can make it with fresh, frozen, or canned corn kernels. Enjoy it with some crackers or garlic bread
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen yellow corn kernels
- 1 Cup unsweetened coconut /almond milk or cashew milk ((optional))
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3–4 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp avocado/grapeseed or any vegetable oil
- 3 large potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1/4 cup Green and red bell pepper chopped (for garnishing.)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions once the oil is hot and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the grated garlic, ginger, and cook for another 3 minutes or until they turn slightly brown.
- Add other spices and stir in for 2-3 minutes, then pour in the water or vegetable broth and mix well to combine.
- Add the corn and potatoes and stir to combine well. Bring the contents to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and allow the soup to simmer occasionally stirring.Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool, and once it cools, divide the soup into half. Pour half into a food processor or use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup into the pot with the leftover soup and add coconut or almond milk.
- Simmer on low heat stirring often for 6-10 minutes. Season with black paper or red pepper flakes
- Garnish with fresh green and red bell pepper. Serve warm.