Beans Soup Recipe – healthy vegan and easy to make.
Beans soup recipe is one of those delicious and satisfying superfoods I like. They are full of proteins, vitamin k, fiber, antioxidants and minerals such as potassium that is essential for good health.
Beans are an excellent substitute for meat in vegan and vegetarian diets. They provide the body with essential amino acids just like meat but have low amounts of fat compared to beef.
Add this beans recipe to your diet and eat them frequently if you want to lose some weight. Research shows that beans do aid in weight loss.
Other health benefits include their ability to lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes due to their low glycemic index.
They help regulate and normalize the blood sugar levels. Eating beans often can also lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Beans like other legumes are readily available in most food stores and are relatively inexpensive.
You can buy them raw or canned. I prefer buying the dry ones, but you can use canned ones too.
Bean soup recipe is among the favorite dishes my family enjoys. We eat them at least twice a week for our lunch or dinner dishes.
Which type of beans should you use for this bean soup?
Any beans can be used to make this bean soup recipe. I used pinto beans in my soup but feel free to use any.
I like making this beans recipe from scratch. To do so, I soak dry beans overnight or for about eight hours. After that, I drain the water and rinse them before cooking them.
Draining the water and rinsing the beans with clean water helps reduce gas and farting common after eating grains.
I then boil them the next day for about 45 minutes before I make the soup. Cooking beans from scratch take a little long; so plan to cook them during the weekend or whenever you have the time.
If you are using canned beans instead of dry ones, please drain the liquid used for preserving them. You then boil them for a few minutes to soften them.
This beans soup recipe is vegan and gluten-free. I make it simple and delicious by adding a few vegetables and my favorite spices.
You can add any spices or seasonings of your choice if you so wish. You will still have a delicious beans soup.
This beans soup recipe is great during cold seasons, but you can as well eat during any season. Dry and canned beans are available all year round. Therefore you can cook them frequently.
You can serve it with bread, crackers, whole wheat tortillas for tacos or rice.
Beans soup recipe- pure vegan
- 1 cup of cooked beans
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- One medium onion chopped.
- Two medium carrots chopped.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 4 Ribs celery chopped.
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp brown sugar optionally
- Soak the beans in a large bowl overnight using cold water. Drain the water the next day and rinse well with clean cold water, after that cook them until soft.
- When cooked remove from heat and set aside. In a different pot, add olive oil and allow heating up on medium heat.
- Add the onions and minced garlic and allow to suite' until they soften. Cooking this takes about 2-3 minutes. After that add the chopped celery and the carrots and allow cooking for another 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato puree and stir well, then add the cooked beans and stir well to combine. Pour the water and stir again to mix well and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot with a lid, lower the heat to medium-low and allow it to simmer for about 10 -15 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally to prevent the soup from burning or sticking at the bottom of the pot.
- Add the cardamom, coriander, and salt to taste. Add a little bit of brown sugar to reduce the acidity and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and serve warm.